The upper row of off-white cotton was going to become a light springy pullover, which I planned to finish before May holidays.
It was supposed to be something very simple: simple 3/4 raglan sleeves, plain stockinet. I bought knitting needles and decided to refresh my skills. The pullover grew very slowly. About a fortnight of morning drives to work and several lunchtimes allowed me to almost finish the back. I actually started the raglan part yesterday. The stitches weren't very neat, but blocking should've corrected that. Anyways, it looked airy and light - just what I wanted.
Until I discovered a mistake in the raglan part. 5 rows below the one I was working on... Taking into account that I had already slipped a stitch in the front part and had to fix it on a different set of needles with more adventures, well... This time I didn't cry or threw tantrums, I just pulled out the needles and made two tight balls to straighten the thread.
Yesterday evening I picked up one of the Japanese pullovers from my to-do list and in an hour with Dean and Sam managed to finish a decent part of the hem. Let it be airy but lacy, it's its fate then.
That was a little reminder to myself why I DON'T FREAKING KNIT!